Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The Thankful Campaign: Thankful for the Hugs and Kisses

NASCAR driver Juan Pablo Montoya told us what he is thankful for in this guest blog post. Read on and then tell us what you are thankful for at The Thankful Campaign.

To be a dad is a great feeling. There is no feeling like it in the world. The time I get to spend with my kids is limited so when I am home I try to be with them and share their daily activities. Seeing the way they change as they are growing up and always needing my support makes me feel that I am doing my job right. The best thing is when you have a rough day or weekend I get to go back home and receive hugs and kisses from them and it makes everything good again. There is nothing more important in my life than my family!

To join the campaign, visit www.fatherhood.org/thethankfulcampaign or tweet with the hashtag #thanksdad.

The views expressed in this post do not necessarily reflect those of National Fatherhood Initiative.


1 comment:

  1. I would like to share my Educational Pledge with all the Dads and their Kids... Make the pledge and become a better and prepared human being:

    The Educational Pledge:
    May I pledge to maintain a
    Healthy Mind and Body
    Staying away from the Evil of drugs
    May I pledge always to try my best to understand
    The importance of Knowledge and Education
    May I pledge to paint a positive picture of where
    I plan to be tomorrow
    Not allowing obstacles to stop the growth of my Plans
    May I pledge to seek Answers to Questions,
    With the Harmony and Understanding that they
    Will lead to other discoveries
    May I pledge to work diligently
    With the Awareness and Confidence
    That hard work today will serve
    As the seeds for my strong Tree tomorrow,
    A Tree that no one will be able to tear down
    May I pledge to learn proper languages,
    Beginning with my Mother's
    Always prepared to appreciate others
    May I pledge to gain a better understanding of who I am
    By understanding my Cultural roots,
    To fully accept who
    I am as a Spiritual and Human being,
    A Rainbow of many Cultures and Colors
    May I pledge to overcome any personal misfortunes
    Becoming
    Stronger from such misfortunes,
    Always striving to become
    A compassionate and wise person.

    ReplyDelete

We welcome many points of view and great discussion. However, please be aware that comments go through an approval process. The blog administrators reserve the right to not post or delete any comments that are not appropriate (ie: comments with obscene, explicit, sexist, racist or otherwise derogatory language), impolite (ie: comments containing personal attacks, insults or threats), dishonest (ie: potentially libelous comments), or are spam. Thanks for understanding!