Monday, August 30, 2010

Daddy Daughter Date Nights

We love the idea of daddy-daughter dates. They help you bond with your daughter and they show her how she should be treated by the men in her life.

This weekend, NFI's Sr. Director of Graphic Design, Paul, took his six-year-old daughter Lillian to a Chick-Fil-A date night. The restaurant regularly sponsors these nights - complete with table service, roses, and dessert.

Here's Paul's take on the event:

I appreciated the conversation starter handout that they supplied...and I observed many dads using them to "break the ice".

I was just thrilled that I didn't need any help getting Lillian to open up to me and the fact that I knew my daughter’s answers to the questions before they were asked really boosted
my confidence.

Lillian declined a rose that they were passing out when we entered the event... But she asked for a rose when we were leaving... Only to gift it to me when we got to the car. :)


Have you gone on any daddy-daughter dates? What are your favorite activities?

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely idea! I would have cherished a daddy/daughter date night when I was a girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another reason to love chil fil a. Great idea! Though gotta make room for date nights with my wife first. Solo trips and adventures with kids are so great too

    ReplyDelete

We welcome many points of view and great discussion. However, please be aware that comments go through an approval process. The blog administrators reserve the right to not post or delete any comments that are not appropriate (ie: comments with obscene, explicit, sexist, racist or otherwise derogatory language), impolite (ie: comments containing personal attacks, insults or threats), dishonest (ie: potentially libelous comments), or are spam. Thanks for understanding!