Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Celebrity Dads Getting It Right

All too often we hear about famous dads who don't get it right. Lately, our news feeds have been buzzing with great celeb dads. And here is an interesting common thread: they all say their kids have made them more successful.

Dave Grohl (Foo Fighters frontman): It's changed everything that I do. When you have kids, you see life through different eyes. You feel love more deeply and are maybe a little more compassionate. It's inevitable that that would make its way into your songwriting.

Keith Urban (country music star): He thanked his little girl when he won his grammy. On being a father, he says, "It’s stretched my heart, is what it’s done."

Roger Federer (tennis prodigy): Upon winning his 15th grand slam in the Australian Open this week, Federer puts it all in perspective: "There is not only tennis...having kids and being a father now and being married enhances everything...It just makes me extremely happy, extremely relaxed and it allows me to play good tennis, and I couldn't ask for more."

Do you feel like your kids have enhanced your success? How have they changed you?

2 comments:

  1. Being a father DOES change my perspective on everything. Without fatherhood I doubt I would understand the world as well, and certainly would not understand mothers as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for posting the positive things that celebrities do. The media is always quick to post the negative items but the positive items, like being a good father, simply don't make headlines. Thank you for pointing out the proud celebrity fathers. Fatherhood is life's biggest challenge and life's biggest reward at the same time. My children have inspired me to be a better role model and to show them by example. Too often have I seen them "do as I do" versus "do as I say". Therefore I make sure to show and demonstrate my good attributes as much as I can.

    Dadismydad
    http://www.dadismydad.com

    ReplyDelete

We welcome many points of view and great discussion. However, please be aware that comments go through an approval process. The blog administrators reserve the right to not post or delete any comments that are not appropriate (ie: comments with obscene, explicit, sexist, racist or otherwise derogatory language), impolite (ie: comments containing personal attacks, insults or threats), dishonest (ie: potentially libelous comments), or are spam. Thanks for understanding!